Before Christmas, we wrote about how Earthbound Farms' Spring Mix can be a huge help when you need to feed your guinea pigs their morning or evening veggie servings in a hurry.
The large containers of EB Spring Mix can feed four guinea pigs for 2-3 days, depending on how big the servings are. If you're looking for smaller packages for a pair of pigs, you might consider some of the following options from Fresh Express.
- Premium Romaine or Organic Hearts of Romaine
- Sweet Baby Greens (contains some combination of the following baby lettuces: salanova, baby red and green butter lettuce, baby green and red romaine, tango, baby green and red oak, lolla rosa, baby green and red leaf)
- Organic Italian (romaine lettuce and radicchio)
- Organic Mixed Baby Greens (contains some combination of the following: baby red romaine, royal red oak, lolla rossa, new red fire, baby red leaf, tango, little gem, baby green romaine, green oak, baby green leaf, mizuna, tat soi, red mustard, green mustard, red chard, green chard, arugula, baby spinach, radicchio & frisee)
- 5-Lettuce Mix (romaine lettuce, butter lettuce, green leaf, red leaf & raddichio)
- Fancy Field Greens (romaine lettuce, curly endive, frisée, radicchio & shredded carrots)
- Riviera (butter lettuce & radicchio)
- Sweet Butter (green butter lettuce & red butter lettuce)
We should note that Earthbound Farms does have its own variations of many of the salad blends listed above. We have noticed lately, however, that while many grocery stores around Connecticut sell the plastic, recloseable containers of EB's Spring Mix, the preponderance of the smaller bagged salad blends in produce aisles seem to be from Fresh Express.
Be sure to check out these companies' Web sites, as they offer delicious recipes and lists of add-ins for their salad blends that are sure to appeal to the humans in your household!